Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Midnight oil + Violent femmes + Dallas Frasca =
From: "Seeker" <seeker42@gmail.com>
Date: 30/12/2008, 8:53 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Recording an album to me sounds like they've got new material - wasn't
there another set of sessions that came to nothing, way back? And
anyhow, it's not like Jim and Rob have stopped writing songs - while I
love "Beat the House" and "Alas Folkloric", I'm sure they've both got
songs that they're thinking "I really need the Oils to do this one right".

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, "robison71" <arob71@...> wrote:

Do they do original material or just Midnight Oil's original
material?  I thought Brian and three of the Oils getting together
sounded cool, but not if they're trying to replace Peter Garrett
(pointless) and just become a tribute band.