Midnight Oil

Subject: Blue Sky Mining
From: "bjorn.koch" <bjorn.koch@yahoo.com>
Date: 24/11/2008, 8:11 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi

Does anyone have any thoughts about the sound on Blue Sky Mining?

I like it and it has good songs, but I have always wished that the
productions and sound wasn't so polished. I would really like if it was
a bit more raw. Something like the albums from early eighties or Spices
and Deceases.

Blue Sky Minding was produced by Warne Livesey, and I read somewhere
that he wanted this album to sound smooth and policed. (He produced
Diesel and Dust also, and that album sounds much better,  not so
polished like BSM.) I wonder how the BSM album would have sounded with
Nick Launay who produced 10-1, Red Sails and the Dead Heart track in
1986. Maybe it wouldn't have sold so much, or maybe it would have, but
sounded better (IMOO)

Bjorn