Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Wolfgang's Vault live show posted for free streaming
From: "The Oilman" <TheOilman@new.rr.com>
Date: 10/10/2008, 1:26 am

Thanks to whomever it was that posted about the show on Wolfgang's Vault, the interesting thing about this show as I've gotten this show twice before in 2 circulated forms and this posted version has 2 additional songs to any previous version that I had. You MUST go listen to the version of Power and the Passion on this site, I must say I had never noticed so many unique and unusual synthesizer sounds during this song than on this version. I would imagine Rob had this programmed to some of his special drums like he did at MTV Unplugged for the hammer on iron sound in Sell my Soul. I cannot imagine that Jim was standing there hitting this on his keyboard throughout the song, but it makes for an interesting listen nonetheless!!

Thanks again to the original poster, I've been listening to all kinds of shows on that site, great stuff.

And great to see Bugsy crawl out of his hole to post on Powderworks again! :-)

T.