Midnight Oil

Subject: Advice on trading live shows from "the office"
From: RM
Date: 7/10/2008, 5:04 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

(Reproduced by permission, remove spaces from the email address given)

Midnight Oil wrote:
Hi Rob

It is difficult for me to answer this in any official capacity as  it's not possible to have a group discussion about it at this stage.
Gary Morris says if it is within the Powderworkers fan base he has no problem with it at all - it's a good thing and it keeps the music alive.
The Oils themselves would be more concerned with quality control  (especially Jim lol).  The band would be interested to see just what is 'out there' in terms of a list too.

Obviously the record label would have concerns about mass bootlegging and we'd all worry if someone were passing themselves off as Midnight Oil or commercially exploiting what isn't theirs  - but we know that's not where any of you guys are coming from and that the Powderworkers have the Oils best interests at heart.

I hope that answers the question?

Contact info below for future reference.  Feel free to drop me a line any time.

Thanks

Arlene

Arlene Brookes
Midnight Oil Enterprises Pty  Ltd
Locked Bag 18/172
Newtown  NSW 2042

e - oils @ ozemail . com . au

www.midnightoil.com
www.myspace.com/midnightoil

This email and files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If you receive this email and you are not the addressee, or you have received this email in error, please disregard the contents of the email, delete the email and notify the author immediately.

On 02/10/2008, at 3:58 PM, RM wrote:

 Arlene,

 Hi.  I am told that you might be willing to take or redirect questions on things of an official nature related to Midnight Oil.
 I am trying to find out what the band/label's position (both personally and/or legally) is regarding people on the internet passing around copies of recordings of live shows and other such exotica.
 If you have any comment or guidance to offer on this I would be most grateful.

 Rob Manthey
 (current Powderworks list co-owner/moderator)