Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Digest Number 1226
From: "Beth Curran" <bcurran@columbus.rr.com>
Date: 5/10/2008, 1:06 am
To: "Andrew Lane" <lane.andrew@gmail.com>, "Maurice Kelly" <powderworks@deadheart.org.uk>
CC: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Yup, remember some years back when a troll was trying to sell some of the live stuff on Ebay? I think that's really what the cautious attitude is about - making sure no money changes hands when shows are traded.  Hmm, now I've just remembered that when I had no shows to trade, I send my benefactors a piece of jewelry I'd made or something like that.  In fact, I just did that a few weeks ago with Michael for a Knopfler show.  And I traded a dinosaur tooth to Seweryn for the T-shirt I'm wearing right now, though that's not a bootleg, so I guess it doesn't count.  So I suppose my personal moral code for Oils trades is: money is bad, but a thank-you present is OK.  - Beth