Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: LMOC - Hunters Greatest OZ Albums
From: "hooperadrianr" <hooperadrianr@yahoo.com>
Date: 22/09/2008, 6:52 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Earlier this year the series aired episodes on The Triffids' Born
Sandy Devotional, The Saints' I'm Stranded, Crowded House Woodface,
and yes, some god-awful silverchair rekurd (minus any mention of
mogine - i'm assuming that's the reason this most over-rated of
australian groups ever gets a mention here). In the latest
installments we saw The Go-Betweens 16 Lovers Lane, Nick Cave and The
Bad Seeds' Murder Ballads and Hunters' Human Frailty.  IMO, with the
exception of SC, this was fairly well put together series, though
certainly a doco on 10-1 would be a welcome addition (along with The
Church Starfish, Radio Birdman Radios Appear, Skyhooks Living in the
70s, Hoodoo Gurus Stoneage Romeos etc).

I found an earlier comment about Mushroom's involvement maybe
precluding any featuring of the Oils interesting.  Both Mushroom's
Gudinski and aussie music uber-jurno Toby Cresswell were instrumental
in the series.  If not snubbed by Mushroom, I wonder whether the Oils
very unpopular (within the local industry) anti-establishment stance
in their earlry years has done their dash?

Adrian

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, "Jeff and Jane Scott"