Midnight Oil

Subject: Neil n Jim at Vanguard last night
From: Endurance Dancer
Date: 14/08/2008, 4:05 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hey you ace mob;
I saw Neil Murray and Jim play at the Vanguard in trendy pretent lefty Newtown last night. One of the highlights of the evening for me was finding the newly released DVD of The Chasers War on Everything with the APEC stunt.

Anyway, what I want to know is that Neil seems to have a respected following in this country so why do his audiences mainly average out to be attended by about 12 people? I sat quietly by myself at the back of the gig with my old lady cappuccino and sang along with all the songs.

Jim played very quietly and respectfully on his various monsters including his liddle ukelele, he occassionally sang a backing line here or there. Neil sang a very relevent song for me about driving on a remote road to Hay with 40ks to go and the red light going on the fuel gauge. We have all been in that situation.

The other thing I find amusing is that I can be in any state or town around Australia, as I often am, and Neil will be playing a gig during my visit.

Tonight........Jim at the ummmmm....which one? The Harp!

Oooohhhh! Exciting!

"We will ride, ride, ride one more mile...Let's Ride!"

      Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset