Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Fantastic Cover of Beds Are Burning
From: Stephan Jänsch
Date: 31/07/2008, 6:03 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Well, they have to work on their pronounciation but its definately one of the better Beds covers around. Although being a big metal fan myself I'm sick of all those stupid metal versions of Beds (e.g., Underground Moon, Hundred Years, Misery Inc., Black Bomb A) who don't even seem to care what a Holden is or what's it actually about Yuendemu and Kintore. For them it's just a famous eighties song they can use to draw attention to themselves. My favourite version is by the D-Sailors (on the Punk Chartbusters Vol. 5 sampler). Their choice of the song is probably not any more honorable than anyone else's but at least they do a great job. It sounds a little like the Oils might have done it if Beds had already been on the Blue Meanie, much in the spirit of Powderworks.

Cheers,

Stephan

hotlittlejorge schrieb:

Wanted to direct you all to the web page for Hungarian musical group
Bradas - http://www.bradas.hu/ <http://www.bradas.hu/> - and their cover of "Beds Are
Burning."

I got a big kick out of this sincere tribute and just had to share it.

Best wishes all!