Midnight Oil

Subject: Re:PGa Rudd-erless? (Any comment, Endurance Dancer?)
From: Miron Mizrahi
Date: 21/06/2008, 12:22 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

gut feel ... rudd likes to run a tight ship. PG lost some cred when
he blundered in the pre election campaign. he also seemed to present
very well from an attacking angle (while in opposition) but has not
done so well when on the defensive.

what concerns me is their lack of action and/or vision. the plastic
bag program is crap. we have bigger fish to fry. there has been no
progress on murray-darling, the rebate for solar panels was
scrapped. the pulp mill was as much a business result as it was due
to political pressure. and as bad as the rising cost of fuel is, it
will be the #1 catalyst for change. we have $22b in surplus. for
what? election promises in 2010? a govt is not a for-profit
organisation. if climate change is not a serious enough issue to
justify some major investment what is?

the current govt has a golden opportunity. they were elected on a
backlash of disillusion with Howard. the opposition is ineffective
and languishing. now is the time for some balls. use up some of the
credit you have with the people and start leading.

Miron

   How could people get so unkind?