Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Some Oil's 'youtube' treats
From: "rick" <rickysan@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 13/06/2008, 9:42 pm
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, "anthonygibbo" <anthonygibbo@yahoo.com.au>

                       I can actually give you a rough time frame of when 'in the valley' started changing shape

               The version on the 'you tube' clip is the same that they played at the shellharbour workers club shows the week before the boston shows

                        But a month later at the emnore theatre shows it sounded noticeably different (enough to notice despite only having heard it twice previously) ......so they must have tweaked the song at the start of May 1993

                      We got backstage at one of those Enmore shows through one of the Oils security guys we had become friends with at the Ent. Cent shows in 1990 (random trivia - grant kenny and lisa curry were backstage too...blasts from the aussie past  haha) .....  we got to chat to all the boys at various stages after the gig..... and i actually mentioned to Rob how 'In The Valley' sounded different from the month before at Shellharbour and Rob said "yeah.... it was in tune tonight"  and he laughed   hahaha

                                    Rick