Midnight Oil

Subject: U2 (No MO) + B52s
From: "tr_espen" <tomspencer@eml.cc>
Date: 7/06/2008, 9:24 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Howdy Powdies

U2 fans might not yet have heard that according to reports cited by a
forum at U2.com, only the vocals remain until a new album is done,
over the next three weeks, and a new U2 album is fit for release in
October (aptly enough).

I really enjoyed the U23D movie (even after my 3rd viewing), but would
love a return to the punkish energy of "War" and the early stuff,
layered through with more recent efforts, I suppose.  Adam Clayton
(bass) and Larry (drums) had a great sound that has been overshadowed
by the Edge's brilliance on the guitar.  When I heard U2's cover of
the "Saints are coming", I had high hopes that the song might inspire
The Edge to return to that sound on the next album.  I will be very
cross with Brian Eno and his ambience if it doesn't.

Any word on the B52s' new album?