Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Dormant? It's over!!
From: bawolski@aol.com
Date: 2/05/2008, 1:48 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I'm pretty sure it was left off because of the word 'shit' cause I think l can recall Hirst or Garrett talking about it in an interview. Can't recall whether it was radio or magazine.

I don't see how that could be the reason when that word plus many others considered more profane have appeared on albums from the late '60s on.
I seem to recall having this discussion before and someone mentioned that it may have simply because the band considered Gunbarrel as "too
Australian" (it refers to a highway that cuts Australia in half which is "straight as a gunbarrel," right)?? As much as I love the song, it does seem?
like a throw-in, "Sometimes" seems for like the logical album closer?for Diesel and Dust.

Mike?