Midnight Oil

Subject: U.S. Billboard article on remastering back catalog, comments from Jim
From: leftjab
Date: 29/04/2008, 3:14 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003795466

i was not happy to hear that they are not releasing in physical form, but only on itunes, the other pre-1990 albums other than Diesel.  although if they make it available with lossless encoding and not just AAC, it won't be so bad and then maybe we'll actually hear the results of the remastering.

on the prospect of a reunion:

Moginie says that slipping into Midnight Oil's past has made him miss playing with the band, which last performed at a 2005 tsunami benefit. But with all its members ensconced in their own work he doesn't foresee any reunions on the horizon.

"You know what it's like with a band; they break up and no one believes them. 'When's the reunion scheduled?'" the guitarist says with a laugh. "I think I'd be really surprised if we did [reunite] -- as the original lineup, anyway. When it ended it was a good time to end. All our brain cells are pretty intact, nobody's financially in too much trouble. It felt like a good time to finish it, and we all think of the band very fondly.

"But you know what it's like -- you never say never."