Midnight Oil

Subject: REWEED offer-- Oils live at RMIT (07-03-1987)--DVD
From: "Chris W. Rea" <chris.w.rea@gmail.com>
Date: 3/03/2008, 1:23 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi everybody!  I received my copy of the DVD listed below, and I am now
offering it for reweed.  I can send out 5 copies: 3 for people who are able
to re-weed, and 2 for people who are not able to re-weed.

When replying, please indicate whether you can re-weed or not, plus your
country.  Once I have qualifying responses from 5 unique countries I will
notify the list and the winners and you can then send me your mailing
address.

Regards,

Chris W. Rea
chris.w.rea@gmail.com

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Spyro Bouras <spyro@igateway.com.au> wrote:

  DVD as downloaded from Dime.

I can send out some copies to first few that reply. Re-weeded is good
karma
if you have a DVD burner

Trading is also available.

Has the whole show including support

Midnight Oil / Warumpi Band

RMIT 100th Anniversary Concert

Storey Hall, RMIT, Melbourne, Australia

7th March 1987

Sourced from recent re-broadcast of the concert on ABC TV Australia

Analogue broadcast -> PC -> Pinnacle Studio 8 -> DVD

PAL, 4:3, 5089kbps, LPCM Audio

This is a nugget of pure gold that has suddenly surfaced without warning.
You may have

seen some of it before, but according to the broadcaster this is the first
time the entire

show has been aired.

The show fits into the space between the 1986 Blackfella/Whitefella tour
of
the Australian

outback, and the recording of the album it inspired, Diesel and Dust.

This is one of the last shows played with Peter Gifford in the band - he
recorded the

Diesel and Dust album, but retired before the tour which followed.

We get three songs from the Warumpi Band set, two of which are from their
second album Go

Bush! which was released soon after this show.

In the Oils set we get some real gems, including Blossom And Blood from
Species Deceases,

and a very rare performance of Who Can Stand In The Way from Red Sails In
The Sunset.

There are also a couple of songs that would be part of Diesel And Dust -
Bullroarer and

Dreamworld. Dreamworld in particular is a real gem, with completely
different verse

lyrics to the final version. Elvis Costello's What's So Funny About Peace,
Love And

Understanding? also gets a run. This was played quite regularly over the
next few years,

but this is quite possibly the very first time the Oils played it live.

Setlist:

Warumpi Band:

From The Bush

No Fear

Blackfella/Whitefella

Midnight Oil:

Blossom And Blood

Bullroarer

Who Can Stand In The Way

Dreamworld

Best Of Both Worlds

The Dead Heart

Short Memory

Kosciusko

Hercules

Pictures

Read About It

What's So Funny About Peace, Love And Understanding?

Power And The Passion

Only The Strong

.