Midnight Oil

Subject: Apology & RMIT show
From: "David" <canadavros@yahoo.com.au>
Date: 13/02/2008, 5:12 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

G'day folks,

Listened to Kruddster deliver the apology this morning, and wondered
why it has been so f****g hard to do for so long. I imagine the MO
boys felt pretty damned good, 8 years after they wore their sorry
suits to the Olympics.

Thanks to Spyro, I was able to watch the RMIT concert on the laptop
this arvo. I'd forgotten how good the Warumpis could be live, but it
was sad to recall that the lead singer died last year. They did a
cracking version of Blackfella whitefella,and it couldn't have been
more apt to have seen them doing it today.

As for the Oils - again, a happy coincidence to be viewing the D&D
warm up shows today, with Bullroarer and Deadheart getting some of
their earliest runs.

The show itself was great, with PG doing a bizarre and amusing Ronald
Reagan impersonation, and Kosciusko (spelling??)being revealed to be
a song about corruption...and I always thought it was about
exploitation of natural resources.

Cheers
David