Midnight Oil

Subject: re:Weed Denver show & missing Pubs
From: "Powderlurker ." <powderlurker@hotmail.com>
Date: 30/01/2008, 7:39 am

Howdy, all Oilsters!

Happy New Years (both Chinese & Western) to you all!

Because my copy came in while I was on holiday, and many other good weeders were in action in the meantime, I thought I'd hang back a few days and help out the stragglers...

The Denver Show (2 Disc) is up again, six copies (3 Aust & 3 Overseas - OR I'll make it 3 Aus, 3 US, 3 ROW, if there's the demand).
preference will be given to re-weeders (& you need to promise me that you will, along with SENDING ME YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS!!).

I'll be away for a couple of days but I will email the successful peeps, to let them know & organise themselves to re-weed) and post out by the end of next week.

Enjoy the gig - it's got a blistering version of P&tP! Worth it for that alone.

Whoops.... before i forget... the Royal Antler (now known as the Sands) has been vacated, fenced and is just waiting to be demolished. Check it out & have a beer at the 'new' (soulless) Sands, across the road, if you get a chance... and re-live the glory-days... while you still can.

Before you knew it... the Dee Why pub is just a smoking hole in the ground.
Home of the 1986 D&D Oils shows (I hocked my camera so I could afford to see all 3) and the great band venue (known, appropriately as 'The Venue'), they've exterminated the last of the old-style 'tile pubs' on the northside.
What the heck's going on??

I'll try & post some pix when I get back...

-pl

Setlist:

Warumpi Band: