Midnight Oil

Subject: Seeking Information Regarding a Cancelled Show - Long Time Ago
From: "rich_wdc" <Rich_WDC@yahoo.com>
Date: 20/12/2007, 4:14 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

First, I must be honest and say that I joined this group for the sole
purpose of asking a question to true fans.  (I am not a fan -- no
dislike or disrespect in the least -- just a band I did not get
into).  Please forgive my temporary intrusion into your group!

Here's the background to my question:

Sometime in the very late 80's or early 90's, a friend and I traveled
from Washington DC to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA to see a Midnight
Oil concert.  (My friend was a fan and I certainly enjoyed what I had
listened to via him.)  Once we got there, we discovered the show had
been recently cancelled!   Thus, we turned around and came back.
Now.... many years later, my friend and I are trying to resurrect that
memory but are quite foggy on almost all details.
So, here's the question:
What is the date and what was the venue for a cancelled show in
Pittsburgh in late 80s/early 90s?   (It was a theater, I believe --
possibly at a university.  Certainly not an big arena or amphitheatre.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY ANSWER OR TIPS ON FINDING THE ANSWER!

-Rich Newman
Washington DC
USA