Midnight Oil

Subject: Oils Collections Site
From: Stephan Jänsch
Date: 20/11/2007, 6:48 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Maurice,

good idea about the Oils Collections site. This is basically already possible with the information I compiled starting with my own collection at http://www.musik-sammler.de/artist/2692 ("music collector") where there's already 268 items present. The problem with this site is that it's in German. However, it is possible to export most of the information to CSV or TXT format, hence the individual fields can be translated. Such an exported file could serve as a starting point for your site. Just let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,

Stephan

Maurice Kelly schrieb:

Nicholas Williams wrote:
> Fair enough. But, do we have any word from them on demos? Since, well,
> I have demos from the first album, Head Injuries, Place without a
> Postcard, Red Sails, and Species Deceases, some of which can't be
> found anywhere else.

I believe demos are out of the question. This has raised it's head
before and from what I recall the band were not happy that music they
considered unfinished was being distributed. What you do through your
own channels is your business but I really don't think that demos should
be distributed via Powderworks.

> as I'm... attempting to
> compile information anout the Oils on one site, since most information
> sources are a wee bit... out of date, last I checked.

I'll assume that my site is one of those out-of-date information
sources. You're right - it is!

To be honest, I've toyed with taking down the site as life these days
just doesn't give me the time to update it how I'd like to. But in the
end, it may not be 100% current, but there's still a lot of stuff on
there that people want to read so I leave it up for now. Bad HTML and all.

I will probably find time in the future to give it a facelift and really
make it the Oils resource it should and could have been. My goal was to
create "Oils Collections" - allowing people to sign into the site and
compile their own Oils collection from a definitive list of everything
that's in there. It serves no real purpose but who really cares :-)

Good luck with your own endeavours - if there's anything you need info
wise just give me a shout!

Cheers,

Maurice Kelly