Midnight Oil

Subject: New Blog from Jim RE: Sunday....
From: "Chris Frost" <chris.frost@risqgroup.com>
Date: 9/11/2007, 2:29 pm

Friday, November 09, 2007

SURF AND TURF, THE BENEFIT
Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Music

There's a gig happening this Sunday the 11th (Remembrance Day) at the Mona Vale Hotel.
It's called Surf and Turf, and features a bunch of surf bands and country artists (see the gig section for the details). It's a benefit for my/our friend Wayne Goodwin who has been battling cancer, and it's to to help him get back on his feet financially after the crippling expenses of medical treatment. Wayne is a stalwart on the scene playing with everyone from Jimmy Little to Emmylou Harris, and is one of the finest musicians that I know...apart from playing violin on In The Valley off "Earth and Sun and Moon", Martin Rotsey and I have a surf band with him that plays at our daughters' school annually to raise funds for the P&C. We've got a bunch of stuff for auction as well..a 1971 Fender P-bass, a Fender acoustic signed by the Oils donated by Fender Australia, plus all sorts of memorabilia and autographed stuff from Jimmy Barnes, Sarah Blasko and others, raffles of a meat tray (featuring surf and turf of course), T shirts from Love Police, CD's donated by Sony, plus a real auctioneer and, Paul McDermott and Flacco.
It's better to give than receive. This is a great cause, personal not political, so hoof it on down to the Mona Vale for a sweet Northern Beaches arvo-into-evening session and check out this happening and some outstanding Australian music.