Midnight Oil

Subject: 2 Reasons for Powderworks to Continue
From: James Warren
Date: 22/10/2007, 7:48 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

For US list-members, this list continues to be the primary source of information about the latest things that Jim Moginie and Rob Hirst are doing.

And if Moginie/Hirst/Rotsey ever form an official band, then I say the Oils are back at that point, regardless of what they call themselves. Since this could happen, we need to be ready and intact as Powderworks.

From: David <canadavros@yahoo.com.au>
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi Stephan,

First of all, a great big thanks to Cheryl for all her efforts over
the years.

Second, thanks to you for offering to take over.

I'd like things to keep going (and I've voted accordingly) To me,
it's not only the music, but the chance to make contact (if only
virtual) with people all over the world that makes it worthwhile -
and its a bummer about all the old stuff being lost!

cheers,
David
ps one thing does puzzle me - if the list had been taken down, why
wasn't there some sort of general notification by Yahoo of the
closure? Surely a generic email could've been sent out to let us all
know! I can only assume that it was only your dedication Stephan that
revealed this.