Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Unusual stuff in your collection

Margaret Benzer benzer at mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Fri Jan 7 07:46:36 MST 2005

I didn't think I had any unusual stuff in my collection until I was
putting some clothes away in my closet last night.  I ran across my
sister's momento (she left it at my house; some day she'll remember).
I managed to get a drumstick at the Phoenix show in 2001 after missing
the one Rob threw to me the night before in Las Vegas.  But the catch
of the night was for my sister.

Some woman had brought a bouquet of roses for Peter.  She presented
them to him during the concert.  He read the accompanying note and
thanked her.  However, during "Power & The Passion", Peter started to
throw the roses into the audience as they wouldn't really last well on
the road.  When Rob's drum solo came, Peter put a rose in his teeth and
started to do a flamenco-type walk across the stage.  It was classic
Pete.  This was the rose my sister caught.  We hung it in my closet to
dry, and it has been there ever since.  Ah, the memories will last a
lifetime.

Margaret in Mesa, Arizona

P.S.  Bruce, there's this wet stuff that has been falling from the sky
lately.  It's been flooding the streets and coming through my roof.  Do
you know what it is?  Living in a desert, I think it might be that
mythical thing called rain that happens once every ten years or so.

--0-1221437900-1105079963=:36647

Speaking of Oily Artefacts,

One of my students and her dad made me a coffee mug with a photo of the Oils on it. I hum little ditties every time I use it. If I could get a matching Oils neck-tie for xmas next year, my life as a jr. high teacher would be complete...

The weirdest artefact has to be the guy with the beard clippings. Dude, what do you do with it?

bruce in calgary

Beth Curran <bcurran at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
Seeing that massive collection on ebay, I got to thinking:  What's the most unusual item in your Oils collection?  Mine is a Coogi sweater with "Sydney 2000" woven into the pattern.  I suppose it isn't *strictly* Oily, but I always think of it as a memento of their performance at the Olympics.

Would love to get my hands on one of the board games! - Beth

---------------------------------

--0-1221437900-1105079963=:36647

<DIV>Speaking of&nbsp;Oily Artefacts,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One of my students and her dad made me a coffee mug with a photo of the Oils on it. I hum little ditties every time I use it. If I could get a matching&nbsp;Oils neck-tie for xmas next year, my life as a jr. high teacher would be complete...<BR></DIV>
<DIV>The weirdest artefact&nbsp;has to be the&nbsp;guy with the beard clippings. Dude, what do you do with it?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce in calgary</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Beth Curran &lt;bcurran at columbus.rr.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Seeing that massive collection on ebay, I got to thinking:&nbsp;&nbsp;What's the most unusual item in your Oils collection?&nbsp;&nbsp;Mine is a Coogi sweater with "Sydney 2000" woven into the pattern.&nbsp;&nbsp;I suppose it isn't *strictly* Oily, but I always think of it as a memento of their performance at the Olympics.</FONT></DIV>
--0-1221437900-1105079963=:36647--