Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] US Radio Spot

James Warren jimcwarren at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 4 08:55:16 MDT 2004

In Philadelphia in August of 1993, at the Oils show between the first
and second song, Peter went off about how absurd Rush is, along with
the fact that he had a new show on television. Peter also encouraged us
to throw our tv sets away.

After the show, I got to speak to Peter, and he claimed that the Oils
and Rush were about as far opposite in worldview as you could possibly
be.

-Jim

p.s. Although I don't listen to Rush, I do know that for years, he has
used that "back to Ohio" Pretenders song as background music.