Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Book Reports are Overdue...

sean dwyer ewe2 at aardvark.net.au
Tue Nov 9 23:26:52 MST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:07:14AM -0500, Rhonda wrote:

<rant id="snip">

> OK, six months ago the long-awaited Best of Both Worlds DVD was finally
> released, and there was precious little discussion of it on the list.

Yes and what a good deal it was too, two great shows AND a CD! I remember
seeing both on telly at the time (the only way I ever got to see Oilz), and
being insanely jealous of the crowd. Great memories. And correct one memory:
did they not do a broadcast of a Horden Pavilion gig during that period also?
I'm sure I saw a video years back. That Goat Island gig made up for my initial
horror at the Red Sails In The Sunset release: the songs made much more sense
live.

> Over a week ago, Mark's "Beds Are Burning" Oils book was released, -
> which I for one am DYING to read -  and there has been NO discussion
> whatsoever, despite my query of several days ago, to which there was no
> response.

I'd like to know more about this book, too, there's been precious little
written biography of this band. Not enough is said about how they mastered an
industry from the outside.

> So how about some discussion of what they were *really* doing that
> unforgettable 25 years - that is, the music.

Hear, hear, or perhaps type, type!

--
Ancient C64 curses #201: A HEX on 53294!