Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Reference????

Matthew Wightwick madboy_92001 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 5 17:56:22 MST 2004

I bought a 3-pack of compilation CDs called "The Rock
Box." It's rather an eclectic collection.

The point of this post is that it contains a track by
New Model Army called "No Rest". Very political, but
it reminds me more of certain newer indie bands than
the Oils. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The point is, though, that there are quite a number of
bands that have had political (in particular,
left-wing) viewpoints over the years, but very few, if
any, that sound anything like Midnight Oil.

That being said, it was good to finally hear some NMA,
having seen them mentioned on this list every now and
then over the past couple of years.

-Matthew Wightwick (delurking worker)