Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Reference????

Stephan Jänsch stephan.jaensch at gmx.net
Thu Nov 4 13:47:23 MST 2004

Check out "New Model Army" from England if you don't already know them (most
18-year-olds don't)!

www.newmodelarmy.org

Their most famous song is "51st State" which is kind of a pendant to the Oils'
"US Forces". They don't really sound similar (although they once had the same
producer, Glyn Johns), they're more indie and more aggressive (at least their
earlier stuff) but their message has a similar spirit as the Oils' and I know
a lot of people who love both NMA and the Oils. As a start I'd recommend the
"Thunder and Consolation" album. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Stephan