Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] gas

tfrommer at mindspring.com tfrommer at mindspring.com
Wed May 19 10:24:14 MDT 2004

Yes, the whole situation stinks. Fuel efficiency in most cars is crap, we Americans pay far too little for gas and complain anyway. It is unfortunate that public transit or other non-car options are not available for many. The one-day boycott -- truth or hoax -- won't make a dent.

This topic has had some traction on other lists I subscribe to and someone there said it pretty well I thought. Something along the lines of, I don't buy gas on the other 29 days of the month, so if I need it today, I'm going to buy it. Coincidentally, my VW Jetta (~30 mi. to the gallon) is running on fumes at the moment, but it's been so long, I can't recall when I last filled her up.

Also, the litres-gallons conversion is 3.8 liters to a gallon, not 4.5. Still, our petrol prices are way too low.

-Tim