Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] More PG stuff

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott at iinet.net.au
Mon May 3 04:56:02 MDT 2004

> From:  David
>
> Each political party states their "preference" as to where
> their voter's
> votes should be placed if they do not win the seat in the election.
>
> For example they say "If we do not have enough votes to win, then our
> preference is to have all the votes given to us, added to Peter's (the
> greens) total.
>
> (Because that's who "our" (labor) voters would prefer if we (labor)
> don't get elected).

True up to a point, but all the party can do is recommend which way
they'd like their supporters to vote.  They don't mark the ballot paper
for you, you can put your preferences whichever way you want.

Of course, the average person not having a brain can't think about it
for themselves and just picks which PM they'd prefer and does what that
party tells them without knowing anything at all about the actual
candidates in their own electorate.

jeff...