Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC:Question for underworld Workers

Truganini truganini at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 22 15:26:48 MST 2004

Kathy,

Searching in Google produced a few results about the Yellow-bellied Black
Snake but nothing conclusive.
I found this extract from Peej's road trip (he obviously knows something
about the Oils!) -

>An injured snake that we found on the side of the road...we were trying to
get the poor bugger off the middle of the road. After emailing the melbourne
zoo Stu found out there is no such thing as a yellow bellied black snake
(damned midnight oil !!) it is a tiger snake

For those interested the full article can be found here -
http://fatso.adc.rmit.edu.au/index.php?section=photos&subsection=road%20trip

This next extract comes from   http://www.snakeshow.net/answers.html

>Buttlers snake has not long been described from the southern central area
of Western Australia.  This snake has since been referred to by some as the
spotted mulga snake or the yellow-bellied black snake

For those who read the full articles, the extracts are taken from very near
the end of them.

Stay lucky
Nigel