Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Bit Torrent 1996-10-10

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly at deadheart.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 02:33:05 MST 2004

On Feb 16, mbtigger at charter.net wrote:

Don't think I'll bother commenting on your ethics, except to say that they
sound similar to mine.

> As an experiment I uploaded a Midnight Oil FM broadcast torrent a couple days ago. It is the WXRT broadcast from 10-10-1996. Mostly I did it to see how Bit torrent File sharing is started, and it is one of the few shows I have that other folks might want.

Maybe that's how they do it at Sharing The Groove but I found your
attachment to be a little difficult to work with. I had to download it to
my PC, then transfer it to my Linux box to which my cable-modem connects.
Then I had to initiate the download. It wasn't much of a problem except
that I was unable to find a way to pass extra command line parameters to
BitTorrent when using a local torrent file. As a result, my cable-modem's
uplink is being saturated.

Most torrents I have used in the past have relied on the torrent files
being hosted on a Web-server. Maybe I just prefer what I'm used to. Also,
being a command-line user maybe I'm just being awkward. :-)

Cheers, for doing it though - good to see the Oils being represented
torrent wise.

--
Maurice R. Kelly