Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

VGAHurnville at webtv.net VGAHurnville at webtv.net
Mon Aug 30 19:15:24 MDT 2004

1. What's your name? Bob H(ampton)
2. How old are you? 52
3. Where do you live? rural north central Texas
4. What do you do for a living? lawyer
5. What was the first song you heard by the Oils? 'Outside World'
6. How old were you when you heard it? 49 (better late than never...)
7. What are your 2 favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
Assuming this means most and least favorite, "10-1" most & "Breathe"
least...subject to change, of course.
8. Favorite energetic song? Aw man, this is tough...OK, 'Hercules'.
9. Favorite slow song? Ditto...OK, 'Maralinga'.
10. What song(s) define the Oils? 'Power & the Passion'; 'One Country';
'The Dead Heart'
11. What song is least characteristic of the Oils? 'One Too Many Times'
(it was no doubt fun to do, but...).
12. Martin or Jim? Um...Richards or Jones? Allman or Betts? Westerberg
or Stinson?
13. What Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? 'Power
& the Passion'.
14. Did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard
a single song before buying it? Yes: "Scream in Blue Live",
"Capricornia", "Real Thing" (but that probably shouldn't count).
15. Do you play any instruments? After a fashion (poorly self-taught
guitar & harmonica).
16. If you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? Warburton.
17. Have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? Not yet.
18. Bones or Giffo? Bones for the soul & vocals, Giffo for the fluid
lines...but I'd let Hirst choose, I think.
19. What forgotten song deserves another spin? Since I'm so new to
Oildom, I'm unsure which would qualify as "forgotten"; so I'll pass on
this one.