Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lyrics help?

Glitch sena.reisenweaver at verizon.net
Fri Apr 16 19:21:29 MDT 2004

I have very literal tolerance for the use of the word "man" in a
gender-neutral setting.
I hadn't thought of Renaissance Man as being gender neutral.  "Renaissance
Man" is a sort of idiomatic phrase to refer to someone on the cutting edge,
a child of the New Way.  So you're right, it is gender neutral.  But I have
ALWAYS appreciated MO's inclusion of the Renaissance Woman at the end of the
song.  Made me feel more included :-)
-GB

got your last meal filled up with pesticide
hamburger chain third world infanticide
got robot car your job will disappear
it's called the politics of a brand new year
some say that's progress i say that's cruel

--midnight oil