Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC: Moment of respect for Slim Dusty

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:54:35 +0930

The Light on the Hill has gone out. Giant of the country music industry
here. Not a big fan of the "My wife ran off with my best friend and my dog
in the truck and I miss the dawg" genre but 2  greats who crossed the
barrier died this week . The Man In Black and Slim.
RIP Johnny and Slim.
Lew and Anna

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Maurice R. Kelly
Sent: Friday, 19 September 2003 10:31 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] LMOC: Moment of respect for Slim Dusty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3122314.stm

Hadn't seen this mentioned yet. Never really listened to his work, but
after hearing the Oils cover of Pub With No Beer I'd always meant to do
so.

BTW - anyone in Northern Ireland might be interested to know that the
Festival Of The Peninsula is on this weekend - Eric Bogle is playing in
the Acoustic Suite of the Ards Leisure Centre. Not sure when, or how much
it costs though.

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk