Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Seeking Oilish Music With A Conscience

Seth Cooper cooperseth@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:27:58 +0000

>From: "cathiejohn" <cathiejohn@optushome.com.au>

>Bruce Cockburn, definitely:
>"Stealing Fire" is one of his more "Oilish" sounding albums. Environment,
>the Fourth World, economics, great guitar (what more could anyone possibly
>want?)

I was just about to mention Mr. Cockburn, so instead I'll second this.
Bruce is also Canadian and has your same first name.  Its a great name to
yell out at concerts (Ive seen Bruce 4x)  Brrruuuucccce!

For I non-Oils sound I would say:

Spirit of the West (Also Canadian): "Labour Day" is a great, a nice dig
against Thatcherism in one tune, also "Go Figure"  has a good tunes on
attitudes on women in religion and treatment of mentally ill.

Donna the Buffalo:  Can't remember any names but one tune has chorus:
"America, you're so beautiful, so wonderful and free/America you're so
beautiful, you're the only place I've never seen"

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95.
https://broadband.msn.com