Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Workers Jobs

Andrew Pye apye at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 30 20:14:39 MST 2003

Worst job I have done - cleaning porta-loos after they came back off building sites! They at least came back to us empty yet disgusting nonetheless! That was bad enough so I feel extra bad for the guy who had to pump them out!

Now, after 4 1/2 years at uni getting my BSc (sport and exercise science) and having owned and recently sold my own gym, I am doing my dream job as a personal trainer and living pretty close to my dream life, 200m from the beach on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. So how did I get to this point of living my dreams after cleaning dunnies for a living?!! Midnight Oil of course!

"Blue collared work don't get you know where
You just go 'round and 'round in debt
Somebody's got you on the treadmill mate
But I hop you're not beaten yet"

6 months after I heard that I decided to go to uni and go after what I wanted. Who says Oil's music doesn't impact on people's lives!??!!