Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: ZATAOMM

ribman at manthey.com.au ribman at manthey.com.au
Thu Oct 30 16:43:27 MST 2003

Physicists and Psycophants (and others) ...
I'm no astrophysicist, but I have degrees in Engineering and IT and Lucky
Country...
There was a very enthusiastic essay by one PW on "what if/is  ... ?".
.. I am presently reading the classic text "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance" and have been surprised to find that so far (p130/411) it
seems to be mostly a rational, scientific critique of rational thought
schemas and the formal scientific method. (His pricipal concern with SM is
in the basis for selection of hypoeses, being intuitive - as noted by Mr
Einstein - and feasably infinite in number, hence experimentation is always
inconclusive, leaving only "truth for a while".)
If you haven't read it (and/or your approach to science is akin to that of
religion - that you have to defend it to the death) you may think this sounds
like turd, but if you have and extracted value, I'd be interested in some
banter ...

Manthey