Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Eskimo Joe

simon tracy plumpandmoist@yahoo.com.au
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:06:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi Alexei. What you heard about Eskimo Joe is right.
They released their debut record 'Girl' 2 years ago
and it is an absolute cracker. A lot was made at the
time of a new maturity in their songwriting compared
to what they had released previously. It isn't very
cool to like them apparently, far to cute, poppy and
doe eyed to be serious rock Gods, or so the indie
snobs reckon, but I will testify almost every song on
'Girl' is fantastic. Lots of young male musings about,
well, girls funnily enough. They're signed in
Australia to Modular, who I think are a subsiduary of
EMI, who also have Ben Lee, Rocket Science and The
Avalanches. Check out this web site for more info.
Good luck.
www.emimusic.com.au/artists/eskimojoe/

 --- ALEXEI <alexeis@usa.net> wrote: > Hi all,

> I remember somebody mentioning Eskimo Joe from Perth
> as a worthy band... can
> the author of the message (or anyone else) shed more
> light? I don't seem to be
> finding a lot, even on EMI Australia...

=====
By order of the Dark Shadow.