Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: 10 year anniversary

Mathias Hermansson hermanator51 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:42:29 MST 2003

Umm, I am completely sure that the 18 songs listed in my setlist were the
ones that were played. The order in which they were played is a bitt more
fuzzy though. (Non-Gothenburg workers can stop reading here...)

They started with:

Feeding Frenzy
Dreamworld
Put down that weapon
Blue Sky Mine
King of the Mountain
Tell me the truth
Truganini

and so far I am 100%. Then came the following five songs:

Warakurna
My Country
In the Valley
Sell My Soul
Progress

in about that order. Some variations are possible though. They ended the set
with:

Beds Are Burning
Forgotten Years

and then there was the encore including the four songs:

The Dead Heart
Now or Never Land
Power and the Passion
Hercules

and if you say that NoNL was the last tune but I say well, maybe the last
but one, since I remember walking down the Avenue afterwards having the the
line "Here comes our Hercules, here comes our SUUUUUUUBMarines!" ringing in
my ears. But I do remember that they sure did NoNL very good, and quite a
long version as well. Maybe you are right and I am wrong. Or else maybe you
are wrong and then I am right!!! :-)

/Herman - who also got the Beautiful Black and yellow tour t-shirt