Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC What's on your bookshelves?

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Tue, 27 May 2003 23:21:21 +0930

1. Lord Of The Rings indeed. Used to read it late at night when cramming to
take my mind off economics. For all you King Crimson fans with the sound of
Islands as background music.
2. The Grapes Of Wrath. Some bitter sweet commentary on life and capitalism
when it wasnt so fashionable. The rich get richer the poor get the picture.
3. Confederates/Schindlers Ark - Thomas Keneally. Why he didnt get on the
recent list of 40 best Australian books for one of his books is beyond me.
When The Generals Talk you better listen...
4. Anything Ian Rankine like The Falls. Love that Gritty Scottish crime
writing. And he has a taste for rock music. Alas not the Oils tho.
5. And Willies yet to be read.
Lew and Anna

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Glitch
Sent: Monday, 26 May 2003 4:17 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] NMOC What's on your bookshelves?

1. One Hundred Years of Solitude . . . G. G. Marquez
2. The Fall . . . A. Camus
3. A Clockwork Orange . . . A. Burgess
4. Lord of the Rings . . . J.R.R. Tolkein
5. Paradise Lost . . . J. Milton
6. The Works of W. Shakespeare
7. The Chronicles of Narnia . . . C.S. Lewis

That's my top 7 in no particular order.
--Glitch Baby

got your last meal filled up with pesticide
hamburger chain third world infanticide
got robot car your job will disappear
it's called the politics of a brand new year
some say that's progress i say that's cruel

--midnight oil

---