Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC What's on your bookshelves?

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 10:32:02 -0500

Well...I love anything by Alexandre Dumas too, and whenever there's a movie
that comes out based on one of his books I have to watch it too...I just
love the swordfighting. :)   There are too many books to think of, though a
really great one that I just read recently and has made quite an impact on
how I live my life is 'No Logo' by Naomi Klein.  Thought I'd share that
cause it's one of those books that Oils fans might find interesting as it
talks about consumerism, branding and greed in corporate America.  Just made
me think of the Oils when I was reading it.

Heidi

'Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone,
I must know something to know it's so wrong'
                    -Midnight Oil

----Original Message Follows----
From: <bmounier@sympatico.ca>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Subject: [Powderworks] NMOC What's on your bookshelves?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 8:34:16 -0400

After seeing the limited response to the release of Willie's I started
wondering if perhaps, Workers were not much book people.
Therefore I'd be curious to hear the following:
Name up to 5 books that remain pillars in your literary life.
I'll start, in no particular order (and this is far from exhaustive):

Malevil, Robert Merle
The Lord of the rings (20 years before it became a movie)
Atlas shrugged, Ayn Rand
Jitterbug perfume, Tom Robbins
Anything by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Anything by Alexandre Dumas