Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Cover songs

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Fri, 23 May 2003 08:45:43 -0230 (NDT)

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Beth Curran wrote:

The Oils SHOULD have covered "Nature" by Wayne Mason of NZ.  The song was
made famous in the early 90's by NZ stalwarts The Mutton Birds.  Its all
about finding meaning while being lost in the bush...

The Remainders (aka 4 Past Midnight) should do a cover of Exhuming
McCarthy by R.E.M.  It's a poitical rant, but has a wierd, jaunty
beat, and would be vocally perfect for bones.

None of them under any circumstances should cover "Goody Goody Two Shoes"
by Adam Ant.  If that song was any cheesier it'd be a pizza topping!

Mike