Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob on Denton tonite

JCC jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net
Tue, 06 May 2003 20:12:22 -0500

Well,

He did say one important thing:

Andrew Denton: Is there a future for the Oils? Obviously John would be one.

Rob Hirst: We can't be Midnight Oil without Pete. Having said that, the
songwriters are still in Midnight Oil, the instrumentalists are still in
Midnight Oil, the camaraderie and that friendship and that chemistry is
still Midnight Oil, and as such we want to go on and make music. Whether
that music comes ever comes out and whether it sounds like the old Midnight
Oil, whether we play live again or just end up like those English bands
that hide in studios and never go out, I don't know, but I know I want to
play music again with Jim and Martin and Bones.

I greatly look forward to seeing the evolution of what was the Oils...

Jacques