Midnight Oil

FW: [Powderworks] These Should Not Be Forgotten Years

Jonathan & Julie Hart midnightoil@videotron.ca
Sun, 04 May 2003 00:59:42 -0400

The first lyric (I just wanna walk through Paradise..) I believe might
refer to the NZ Forest of the same name?.... Can anyone confirm/deny
this?

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Henry Longmore
Sent: May 1, 2003 6:30 PM
To: Brian Jacobs
Cc: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] These Should Not Be Forgotten Years

Well, from the video on the 20kW RSL DVD, I'd say Pictures is about the
destruction of Australian Rain Forests (plant and animal life). Watch
for the chain saw moving through the tree with saw dust colorized to
look like blood. ;-)  On the other hand, Pictures may be about the
efforts of people to save the rain forests, or may be meant to try to
inspire people to be activists and attain the 'critical mass' needed to
save the rain forests.

-Henry K.

 }Well, not really.  Blossom & Blood is explicitly about Hiroshima,
}but Progress is about companies trashing the environment to make a
}buck and Hercules is about French nuclear testing in the Central
}Pacific (which is why its original title was 'Ode to the Rainbow
 }Warrior.')  Pictures, I dunno, I can't stand the song, so it's  }been
so long since I've listened to it that I can't remember what  }it's
about.  }  }BJ  }  }>Yeah, I know all four songs on "Species Deceases"
are commemorating
 }>the 40th anniversary of the Hiroshima blast, but still....  }>Just
curious here!  }>  }>regards,  }>Patty in Maryland