Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC - mural

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:54:00 -0500

Interesting chat, folks, so here's my 2 cent's worth.....

It seems to me that the essential point is that no country has any
business conducting any military action whatsoever under the leadership
of a person who has hinted that he would use nuclear weapons.

Love to you all - Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of ninas
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 11:16 AM
To: Powderworks Oil List
Subject: [Powderworks] NMOC - mural

for those of you who think sadam has no connection to 9/11 (let's not be
so
naive, folks!):

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/26/sprj.irq.mural/index.html

i don't know how much i agree with many on this list.

i do find the US profiting from this war disgusting (ie; Cheney's old
company's contract). however, i do not agree this war is about oil or
profit
alone (yes, those are bad reasons to go into war).

sadam is evil and needs to be stopped. look at the consequences from
WWII
when the US waited years before getting into the war. we should learn
from
our history and know that "intervening" before something really bad
happens
isn't such a bad idea! should we wait for 6 million innocent iraqis to
die
before stepping in?! i don't think so. so, please tell me, why are so
many
people against this war?! granted, nobody wants to go war, but
unfortunately, this has to be done. mind you, these opinions are coming
from
a girl who hates Bush, so don't think i give him support blindly - i
don't -
i'm very critical of him.

nina