Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] cloudland - dreamworld

ribman@manthey.com.au ribman@manthey.com.au
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:58:55 +1000

I probably should have noted that the Breakfast Creek Hotel, another Brisbane
heritage icon sits at the bottom of the hill where Cloudland was demolished.
Thanks for the thanks ... 8)

Oh, and the "King of the Mountain" is an annual athletic challenge undertaken
by runners at Mt Cooroora (150km north of here), which stands above the
small country town of Pomona - some 20kms from where PG was identified
by a Pomona local as owning a tract of scenic rural land.
see
http://www.australiagazetteer.com/queensland/southeast/article10727.asp

Pomona
DON™T MISS: Each year, over the fourth weekend in July, mountain
runners from all over the world come to Pomona for the famous King of
the Mountain foot race up Mt Cooroora. These fitness fanatics actually run
up to the peak of the 439 m volcanic plug.

Cheers again
Rob