Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: that girl at the boston show

ninas ninajill73@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:24:07 -0400

just a funny story to share:

for those of you at the boston avalon show last november, who waited outside
to meet the band after the show... remember a girl who was kind of "wacky"
who was chasing after peter and throwing flyers at him about some cause
(don't know what it was)? - and peter responded by giving her his email
address? - and that wasn't enough for her, so she ran in front of the tour
bus as it was taking off? remember, remember?

well, i saw her a few months later at the boston earthfest show, still in
disarray, trying to get peter's undivided attention, acting as if her life
was in mass chaos.

... and then... i saw her AGAIN last night!! ha ha ha. when i saw her, i
couldn't help but laugh to myself. i wanted to tap the guy next to me on his
shoulder and tell him about her, but i didn't think he'd care. it was a
meeting about doing contract work for the 2004 democratic national
convention being held in boston. i looked over to my left, and there she
was, with a male counterpart looking as disheveled as she did after the
midnight oil shows. i was waiting for her to get up and say something or
throw flyers around again, but much to my surprise, she was dressed quite
corporate/conversative and didn't say a peep.

this random girl has become a permanent walk-on in my life's drama!

nina