Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:13:32 -0500 (EST)

--0-255255011-1048047212=:85099

Interesting thread. My wife has pointed out that all the old rockers have been driven off Much Music, and have resurfaced on CMT. I watched a wee bit, and she's right. There has been a steady stream of releases and specials on the old guys - Springsteen, Young, Mellencamp, Mitchell, Byrds, Earle, etc - and a host of happening blues and roots people. And where else would they go? There is no room for any kind of originality, diversity or depth on MUCH or MTV. The surge in real music on CMT may redeem the industry. Then I got thinking, if the Oils were ever to make video air time again in NorAm, it would most likely have to be on CMT - bugger and go figure eh!
bruce 'hear that loooohhhnsome whoop-poor-will' in calgary