Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] More Teacher confessions

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:19:39 -0500 (EST)

--0-1052241376-1046711979=:93336

Hey Jim and all,
I just noticed the date of your post, Jim - Jan. 5, 1970!!  A very good year, but there must be some kind of weird Physics thing going on...
Great to hear about other teachers passing the torch. When I spoke briefly with Jim Moginie after their Calgary show, he mentioned that some folks in Australia were also using Oils music as curriculum. Sure would be great to hear from them too. Maybe we could start an online support group  :)
Hey, speaking of curriculum, I read somewhere that the word is a Greek term for the pathway that the kids took through the streets of Athens to get to the place of learning. They were led there by slaves called pedagogues. Sounds like the Oils are a good fit by this definition. I dream of a world of schools where every classroom is a well Oiled organic machine, and all of us Poets and Slaves are preaching to the converted...  :)
cheers,
bruce in calgary
"I can shake, I can move, but I can't live without Your love." ~ MO

 James Warren <jimcwarren@earthlink.net> wrote:
Ok, I must come clean. I am a teacher (high school physics), and I
have used footage of Midnight Oil to try to enhance my lesson (kinetic
energy).

I know Powderworker Bruce has used the Oils in his classroom. Are
there any other teachers on the list who will confess to engaging in
these Oils-appreciation indoctrination tactics?

-Jim W.

--0-1052241376-1046711979=:93336

<P>Hey Jim and all,
<P>I just noticed the date of your post, Jim - Jan. 5, 1970!!&nbsp; A very good year, but there must be some kind of weird Physics thing going on...
<P>Great to hear about other teachers passing the torch. When I spoke briefly with Jim Moginie after their Calgary show, he mentioned that some folks in Australia were also using&nbsp;Oils music as curriculum. Sure would be great to hear from them too. Maybe we could start an online support group&nbsp; :)
<P>Hey, speaking of curriculum, I read somewhere that the word is a Greek term for the pathway that the kids took through the streets of Athens to get to the place of learning. They were led there by slaves called pedagogues. Sounds like the Oils are a good fit by this definition. I dream of a world of schools where every classroom is a well Oiled organic machine, and all of us Poets and Slaves are preaching to the converted...&nbsp; :)
<P>cheers,
<P>bruce in calgary
<P>"I can shake, I can move, but I can't live without Your love." ~ MO
<P>