Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What got you started?

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:35:23 +0930

No,
It was'nt Pete and his voice on that strand of discussion. It was the first
video clip I saw of their's in the early 80's. PATP. Having real young kids
at the time we didnt seem to get out much.
The juxtaposition of lyrics, driving guitar and drums and the images of a
sunburnt country that proved prophetic through the greedy corporate 80s
grabbed me before I even knew about Pete.
Wow that was something different.
However it wasnt till D&D when Anna really discovered them that we followed
them closely. Again it was the music being something different that
attracted her.
She struggled to get to their last concert here as she was very ill at the
time.
Any other band but them she would have begged off but we always thought they
were on borrowed time after Breathe. Always reckon Redneck Wonderland was a
bonus.
Lew and Anna

<Fell in love with "The dead heart" playing every morning in my roommate's
car during my Instructor training course...It all went from there...

Brigitte

---