Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] future??

Magnus Holmgren oznut@swipnet.se
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:24:22 +0200

Workers,

Some comments on the recent discussions.

Kate said that Rob seems to be grieving the fact that Peter left the band. Randy said that he seems less than pleased. On the contrary it seems to me that Rob is all happy about it, getting on with life and music, telling everyone that the remaining band members will continue to write and record music like they always have. Isn't he saying: "Peter left, so what?" rather than "damn you Peter for leaving the band"? Like Oilman said, Jim and Rob hired Pete. Jim and Rob started the band. Jim and Rob are the band.

Having the opportunity to see a couple of Oils gigs and also seeing Rob play with Backsliders and Ghostwriters recently, I found that Rob was much more relaxed and happy playing with his 'side projects'.

>From what I've heard Jim seems to be the one grieving...

Also, how is Bones supposed to be the singer of the Remainder Men when he's moved back to New Zealand?

/LB