Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Pete & his efforts to remain inconspicuous!!! LOL

nina ninajill73@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:38:29 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3137737109_97855_MIME_Part

thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning!

the image that creates is priceless!

aarrggg,

nina

on 6/6/03 4:38 AM, Jo Daley at joeydaley@hotmail.com wrote:

My sister discovered this absolute gem in the current issue of HQ mag (with
Deborah Mailman on the cover) and read it out to me over the phone. Love it!

By Darren Hanlon, Sydney based musician.

"Before arriving in Sweden to play a couple of show, I had to type a few
answers for an online interview to promote my impending arrival. One of the
questions read 'Have you ever met the bald member of Midnight Oil ?'

Coincidentally I had in fact passed Peter Garrett on a walking trail in the
Blue Mountains a few weeks before leaving for an overseas tour. I told them
this and added that 'At first I didn't recognise himn as he was wearing a
beanie.'

Things do get lost in translation or in my case completely misunderstood. On
arrival, a Swedish friend of mine translated my answers from the magazine my
interview had been published in. It read "Yes, I have in fact met the 'Bald
Oil' but at first didn't recognise him as he was wearing a pirate costume."

"On the fields and farms of England, on the airstrips of the desert and the
jungle, in the hangars of the Persian Gulf and on the tarmacs of the
southern islands, I have walked and talked with God."

Tom Cutter. Round The Bend, Nevil Shute.

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones.  Click here for more.
<http://g.msn.com/8HMOENAU/2740??PS=>

--MS_Mac_OE_3137737109_97855_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Powderworks] Pete &amp; his efforts to remain inconspicuous!!! =
LOL</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning!<BR>
<BR>
the image that creates is priceless!<BR>
<BR>
aarrggg, <BR>
<BR>
nina<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
on 6/6/03 4:38 AM, Jo Daley at joeydaley@hotmail.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>My sister discovered this absolute gem in the current issue of =
HQ mag (with Deborah Mailman on the cover) and read it out to me over the ph=
one. Love it! <BR>
<BR>
By Darren Hanlon, Sydney based musician. <BR>
<BR>
&quot;Before arriving in Sweden to play a couple of show, I had to type a f=
ew answers for an online interview to promote my impending arrival. One of t=
he questions read 'Have you ever met the bald member of Midnight Oil ?' <BR>
<BR>
Coincidentally I had in fact passed Peter Garrett on a walking trail in the=
 Blue Mountains a few weeks before leaving for an overseas tour. I told them=
 this and added that 'At first I didn't recognise himn as he was wearing a b=
eanie.' <BR>
<BR>
Things do get lost in translation or in my case completely misunderstood. O=
n arrival, a Swedish friend of mine translated my answers from the magazine =
my interview had been published in. It read &quot;Yes, I have in fact met th=
e 'Bald Oil' but at first didn't recognise him as he was wearing a pirate co=
stume.&quot; <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#CC0000">&quot;On the fields and farms of England, on the airs=
trips of the desert and the jungle, in the hangars of the Persian Gulf and o=
n the tarmacs of the southern islands, I have walked and talked with God.&qu=
ot;<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#CC0000">Tom Cutter. Round The Bend, Nevil Shute.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<HR ALIGN=3DCENTER SIZE=3D"3" WIDTH=3D"100%"><BR>
Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. &nbsp;Click here for mor=
e. &lt;http://g.msn.com/8HMOENAU/2740??PS=3D&gt; &nbsp;_______________________=